Inarajan Falls


Inarajan Falls has been dubbed "The Best Waterfall in the Western Pacific" by Dave and Bev Lotz, authors of The Best Tracks on Guam. I can imagine that it must be pretty impressive when the river is running high. "The falls plunge dramatically over fifty feet of volcanic rock and quickly disappear through the ravine forest. Framed in the distance between the green covered hills is picturesque Inarajan Village."


We crossed rivers, rolling savannas and…


…red eroded stone formations—we called the Bad Lands.


Dramatic feats were performed, not without consequence.
{ not really! just a little drama. }







wildlife


Our fearless guide had to double check the map.



Brandon let me know that he had "two eyes on me"!
He was trying to be elusive to my camera.


We took a break in the shade of a coconut palm. 
Nate opened up some coconuts so that we could restore our electrolytes.


I took the opportunity to snap some closeups. Rachel took the opportunity to catch me in the act.


Sitting at the top of the falls.


Nate lead the way down the face.




We cooled off in the cascading water.


Family Photo


And up we went!



Gypsy Girl


It was a long hike but well worth the exertion!


The best of times with the best of friends!

Comments

  1. How come you never invite me? I have a quadcopter now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't really strike me as the long, sweaty hike type! :P

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sis, love the gypsy girl picture. For such a little Island, It sur has some beautiful spots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it would be cool to see when the river is high!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!