Machanao Congregation

The Sutton Inn


Aaron gave the talk, "Who is your God?", last Sunday at the Machanao (pronounced MOCH-UH-NOW) Congregation. Our guests, Victor and Susan Valcarcel are assigned to Machanao so they went with us. It was their first meeting since they arrived.

The Valcarcel's arrived on Guam Dec. 16th at 2 a.m. I set my phone alarm to go off at 1:50. It didn't go off. I woke up at 2:30 in a panic. I ran down the stairs, drove like a madman (madwoman) to the airport (only 10 minutes away) and there they were WAITING on me. After so long a trip, I really didn't want them to have to wait. Fortunately they only waited for about 10 minutes. They've found a place now and should be moving in on Monday. We've enjoyed having them. They're both a lot of fun and Victor is an excellent cook!


These adorable girls greeted each of us individually to introduce themselves. Their parents are originally from the Marshall Islands.


After the meeting we were hosted by one of the Service Groups. We were invited to Owen and Jodi Coit's home for dinner. We had a lovely visit. The little girl in the forefront is Melody. She's 8 and gives the most amazing answers at the meeting.

Comments

  1. Hello, I am glad to come across your post. It was very nice especially because I have known the Valcarcels for many years. If you get this can you please tell them that Cris P and old friend of the family from Columbus, OH says hello and he sends them a big warm hug. Tell them I look forward to seeing them again and giving them one in person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!