First Day in the Field

Hafa Adai from Guam

Today was my first day in the field ministry. I woke up to pouring rain. The temperature is perfect and the humidity is not too bad. The rain stopped long enough for us to get from the Kingdom Hall to our car.

I worked with three sisters. Diane Fujiwara has lived in Guam all her life. She is fare and so I thought she must have been an import from the Midwest States but she assured me that she was indeed Guamanian. She's very sweet and soft-spoken. She took care of me on my first day. The other two sisters in our car group were Carla Aguilar and Rosita Martin. Carla is 18 and just out of school. Her last name made me think of Aguila (the Colombian beer we drank while in Santa Marta). She thought that was funny. Rosita is originally from the Philippians and would not tell me her age. She's a very friendly older sister. We had many laughs and enjoyed the time together to get to know one another. All three are from the Dededo congregation.

At my first door, I met some Chuukese people. A young man and woman. When I told them that I had recently moved from Salem, OR, the young man said that he had family there. While at his door it rained so hard. My backside was completely soaked. Now my feet are still wet and cold because of the AC. I will be going back to our room soon so that I can dry off and get warm.

Aaron is at work. He already has 3 projects, at various stages, to work on. Today he had a seminar and a meeting scheduled. I think he is fitting in well and liking his surroundings. We will be going down to the office on Saturday to move around his furniture.

Friday and part of Saturday we will be in "orientation" at the branch office. They will help us to learn about the culture and social problems in the communities so that we can better understand and help people here. We will also receive advice on learning to cope with "homesickness". We're looking forward to the classes.

Before I forget, I wanted to mention (mostly to Zuhey) that we are sharing our home with a couple from Florida. They are here to help with construction and remodeling at the branch. Her name is Nayibe (na-jee-ba) and she is originally from Bogota, Colombia. She is very sweet and I love to listen to her accent. She reminds me of you, Zu (just a little).

Comments

  1. What a loving provision to have the classes on coping with "Home Sickness". I think we need a class here on how to cope with "Seperation Anxiety".:>) It will be so helpful also having the orientation, will help in so many areas.
    Ed and Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi it lyndzie sounds like fun! wish we were there. love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!