You're moving to Guam?!

In the Beginning

You may wonder how all this began. In January 2009, Aaron and I read an announcement in the February, Our Kingdom Ministry that read, in part, "In the islands of Micronesia, there is a special need for qualified elders to take the lead in the congregation...Anyone who may be in a position to do so should...write to the Guam branch office for further information."

After reading the announcement, Aaron and I thought, "Why can't we go? We have no children, no pets...nothing holding us back from reaching out to serve where there is a greater need." So we wrote to the Guam branch office. Our letter, along with a letter from our congregation was sent out on March 12th. We thought it was a long shot but it never hurts to ask.


On April 5th, Aaron and I were in the front yard doing yard work. I stopped to get the mail and right on top was an envelope with WATCH TOWER on it. I was surprised to hear back so quickly. I told Aaron, "We got our letter." He thought I was teasing him. Needless to say, we were both very excited and a little nervous to open it.


In part, the letter read "After considering your letter and the letter from your congregation...we are pleased to invite you to come and serve where there is a need on the island of Guam." We couldn't believe it...and still can't at times.


Photo: Aaron and I were able to share our experience at the assembly hall in Woodburn, Oregon.


Comments

  1. Well, when I read this, I must admit I started to cry... I'm so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decided to look back to the begining of your journey to Guam and the above comment still holds true! Love you guys to the moon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!