In the nearly seventeen years we've called Guam home, we've never seen the flame trees quite like this. Their scientific name, Delonix regia, can be interpreted as “the royal tree with conspicuous claw-shaped petals,” or simply “royal flamboyant.” One look at them in full bloom, and it's easy to see why. Flamboyant indeed!
The completo (Spanish for “complete”, “total”; in the sense of “the works”) is a hot dog variation eaten in Chile, usually served with ingredients such as chopped tomatoes, avocados, mayonnaise, sauerkraut, ketchup, mustard. It can be twice the size of an American hot dog. Aaron and I wanted to make our own version and it was DELICIOUS!
In the ministry during circuit overseer visit
Little Ha'ane
Basil blossoms
Propegating basil
These three are super women in their own right!
Fun gathering at the Campos home
These photos bring back memories. Ava and Asher (with their grandpa Tracey, my uncle and his wife Cheryl) graduated from Siuslaw High School where I graduated.
My twin cousin Shannon with her family
Boat ride
Three special ladies: Betsy, Marlene and Seiko
My love
(maybe you know him)
Kevin
The sky was on fire!
These two!
Roger and I were wearing the same uniform.
Planning for a special campaign in Chuuk
Beach day with Chad and Leah
(we have no proof they were even there)
Leah took this photo
We snorkeled. Can you see the turtle?
Ritidian did not weather the typhoon well. The shade trees were all gone.That’s Aaron!
.jpeg)





























Beautiful tree! The Hot Dogs look super delicious. Love the sky on fire. Yes, I saw the turtle, so cute.
ReplyDeleteI love the photo of you in the flame tree! And I love the family photos. Of course I love all your photos.
ReplyDelete