Aaron and I were able to spend a couple days working with the construction crew. The first day, Kina had kitchen duty. She cooked lunch for
everyone at the site, while I washed every dish that she dirtied. When I thought I was finished, she brought over another stack.
Delicious food makes for happy workers.
This is the crew leaving for the site in the morning.
Me, at the kitchen sink where I stood most of the day. Jesse, taking a quick break between loads of laundry.
Kingdom Hall (left) and Remote Translation Office (RTO, right)
The crew, hungry for lunch.
Randy, tired at the end of the day, waiting for his turn in the shower.
Aaron and I, silly and tired at the end of our first day.
The second day Kina, Aaron and I were all three onsite.
They worked us to the bone—
not really!
Kina and I hauled, cut and tied rebar.
Randy and Alan (aka Moose) on the RTO roof.
If you scroll up to view a previous rooftop image, you'll notice the progress made during the day.
By days end, the matt was nearly completed.
After a hard day's work, we enjoyed refreshing beverages and popcorn—much of which ended up on the ground—
at Palau Pacific Resort with Randy. Aaron was caught in the act of tossing a piece at me
and the hostess threatened him with NO MORE if he kept that up!
We met up later with Jesse and Rachel at Kramer's for dinner!






























Exciting you got to help on the project. You all worked very hard. Privileges of service come in many forms.
ReplyDeleteThat must have been so fun, what a nice privilege..
ReplyDelete