{ Uninhabited Island }
We started out from The Village after breakfast. Our primary destination: Nan Madol—the ruins of an ancient royal city constructed with stone logs. The boat ride is long. Our first stop was to check Manta Road. This time there were manta rays in the water. Donning our masks and snorkels we jumped in to watch the majestic creatures from above.
After a brief swim with the mantas, we pulled up to a uninhabited island to enjoy our lunches. The sand was pure white and as soft as baby powder. This is probably the most beautiful place I've ever been—pure, clean and nearly unspoiled by men.
After lunch we continued, a short distance, on to Nan Madol. The city consists of a series of small artificial islands linked by a network of canals. It has been called “the Venice of the Pacific.” The canals are shallow and so have to be carefully navigated. Our captain and tour guide told us the legend, history and mystery of Nan Madol before setting us free to explore the temple, tombs and meditation chamber.
{ Approaching the temple }
{ A path leads around the perimeter of the temple wall }
{ Entrance }
{ Looking over the wall from inside }
{ A beautifully landscaped path leads to the waterfall }
{ A siren that lives in the pool—or is that an eel? }

{ Flying back to The Village }
Not sure what Phyllis is thinking but I like the look on her face!
How would you caption this one?
{ Pouring rain }
Me and Haruko
"Good night!"
"Good night!"










































You took the words right out of my mouth Christy, that is one of the most beautiful looking place, the uninhabited island, with the white sand and crystal clear water. Gorgeous! How interesting and really lovely the ruins. Interesting to imagine what how it looked when it was in use. The path and the waterfall were beautiful also. Was that a Merman or an eel? Don't think it was a siren.:)Beautiful pictures, still trying to figure out a caption for Phyllis, but I agree, a cute picture.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!! And those are just pictures! You were there. It must have been a great day. and that would be the caption for Phillis.....Good times with good friends!! That was a funny looking creature in the water fall, hehe! :) I love your wrap :)
ReplyDeleteI had to look up what a siren was... Had never heard the term. :) I'm gonna go with eel... Phyllis is looking quite smug. I think she knows something you don't know! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! I think I'm speechless. That island has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. Truly a paradise. I'm salivating over the powder beaches and crystal clear water. And I would have LOVED to explore those ruins! And the waterfall! I could go on and on. I agree with Amanda...Phyllis looks like she knows a secret...and a juicy one. LOL.
ReplyDelete