Convention


The District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses has been a highlight of every summer of my life from my childhood on.

The excitement as a child came mostly from the idea of traveling, staying in a hotel, seeing old friends, wearing new dresses and watching the bible drama (live play).

While those things still have their appeal, most of our joy now comes from learning new things and building up our faith—a spiritual rejuvenation so to speak.

We also find joy in reports from the islands. Following are highlights from conventions in Micronesia…

 The "Safeguard Your Heart" District Convention was held on Saipan at the end of July. They had a peak attendance of 435. This is amazing because there is a combined total of 244 publishers (persons who publish or declare the Bible's message door to door) on Rota, Saipan and Tinian. All in attendance appreciated the well-prepared program.


An all-time peak attendance of 1,341 for Guam was reached at the "Safeguard Your Heart" District Convention in the beginning of August. Additionally, seven individuals were baptized. Many throughout Micronesia traveled to Guam for the program and all in attendance enjoyed the special event.



The "Safeguard Your Heart" District Convention was held in Pohnpei and Chuuk in September. Pohnpei had 129 in attendance with two baptized. Chuuk had 121 in attendance. A highlight of both conventions was the drama.





Comments

  1. Nice picture of the two of you at Convention. Thank you also for sharing the reports from the other islands. The drama or play was a highlight for us also at our Convention.
    p.s.-
    I like the mustache pictures on Aaron's instagram. Very fun!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the conventions were always something you looked forward too. I look forward to them too, for all the same reasons. And, It was a vacation from the real world! It is so encouraging to hear how the Islands there are praising Jehovah. Amazing about Saipan, That is almost double! I love that picture of you and Aaron :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a special highlight was probably the best-looking couple at the convention! :-) Great shot of you, too. (Yes, I'm missing the point, but I'm a sucker for black-and-white I guess!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!