Trekking

Thailand


The elephant trek took us into a spectacular jungle valley surrounded 
by limestone cliffs and mountains—all part of Khao Sok National Park.


 
The views were breathtaking—almost prehistoric.



 

The trail first took us through a field of rubber trees.





From the mountains and trees above we could hear the gibbons but we never saw them.









This is not, what I would call, a smooth ride!



Along the way it began to rain—not a drizzle but a downpour!


The elephants line up for their treats.



Comments

  1. That looked so fun. Bumpy, but fun. What a treat to feed the elephants their treats.:) I think you should of gotten a hat like the guides were wearing Christy, that would of looked cute. Not that your hat was not cute. Of course though, your face probably would of fried, as it does not give much face protection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience!!! Looks fantastic....even the downpour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing. Those seats stapped on the elephants dont look very comfortable.....for either the rider or the animal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a stack of pads under the chair. I can't speak for the elephants but the chair was not the most comfortable thing I've sat in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!