Resident Elephants


There were two elephants at the resort. Their mahout (pronounced MA HOOT, trainer) would escort them around the resort interacting with guests. Usually, a mahout starts as a boy in the family business. He is assigned an elephant early in its life and they are attached to each other throughout the elephant's life. Sometimes a mahout is cruel and elephants are abused or overworked. We did not witness any abuse. The elephants we met seemed to trust their mahouts and the close bond they shared was easily recognized.


Ya Ya (above) is 18 months old. She made out with Aaron right in front of me! Some nerve!
Jumbo (below) is 5 years old. 


Comments

  1. Fun! Mom told me you didn't remember having 3 sisters... Cute. I now have this fancy phone that notifies me as soon as you post, so I'm thinking you will soon be able to recall who I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really cool, where is La La and Aaron making out? lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get that photo. I'm hoping someone else did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be so neat...to interact with the elephants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Elephants are adorable. Sure hope someone did get a photo of La La kissing Aaron.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love how fuzzy they are?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!