.jpeg)
On our second day in Chile, brothers and sisters from two congregations hosted us for a morning in the ministry.
Bienvenido a la congregación
Welcome to the congregation
Fraternal y Lo Valledor
Fraternal and Lo Valledor
…
Esperaba que llegaran
I was waiting for you
esperaba en primavera
Waiting in spring
pues sabía que traían a esta congregación,
Because I knew you would bring to our congregations
ese amor que siempre llega
That love that we always get
llega con la Asamblea
When the convention starts
y esperando su llegada
And waiting for your arrival
saludamos con amor
We welcome you warmly
…
Nuevo brote de esperanza
A new bloom of hope
que hace flor en primavera
That same that makes the bloom spring
anidando en nuestras almas,
Nesting in our souls
su nuevo y dulce amor
That new and tender love
ese amor que siempre llega
That love that we always get
llega con la Asamblea
When the convention starts
y esperando su llegada
And waiting for your arrival
saludamos con amor
We welcome you warmly
This song is about a man that lives in an island called Chiloé. The song describes a humorous conversation between a husband and wife—the wife encouraging the other to get up and go fishing while the husband prefers staying in bed after eating too much.
The curanto is a typical Chilean meal that is buried in the ground—seafood, meats and vegetables are cooked over hot stones covered in leaves.
Levántate, hombre flojo
Get up, lazy man
Sale a pescar, sale a pescar
Go fishing, go fishing,
Que la mar está linda
The sea is beautiful
Pa' navegar, pa' navegar
To sail, to sail
No puedo levantarme
I can't get up
Tengo mucha hambre
I'm very hungry
Y el pescar con fatiga
And fishing with fatigue
Va a malograrme, va a malograrme
Is going to ruin me, Is going to ruin me
Chorus:
Quiero comer curanto
I want to eat curanto
Con chapalele Milcao, chicha 'e manzana
With chapalele,Milcao, apple cider
Y aunque me vuele y aunque me vuele
And even if I get drunk
Los botes ya salieron
The boats have already left
De la ensenada, de la ensenada
From the cove, from the cove
Y vos 'tai en la cama
And you're in bed
Sin hacer nada, sin hacer nada
Doing nothing, doing nothing
Es que he comido mucho
It's because I've eaten a lot
Por lo derecho
Rightfully
Y es malo hacer esfuerzo
And it's bad to make an effort
Tan satisfecho, tan satisfecho
So satisfied, So satisfied

























I don't think I pushed the Google button on the other post! It was from me:) I could feel the warmth of the friends, what a beautiful privilege and blessing to be able to go. The wisteria always reminds me of mom (grandma) too. The brothers and sisters are so generous with their love and time. Cherish it.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to more!!
ReplyDeleteThat’s amazing. So glad you got to do that and share it with us 🥰
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful experience 🥰
ReplyDeleteYou really can feel the love as you view the pictures. So nice. ❤️
ReplyDeleteGreat memories. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete