September 2021

Learning to Live with COVID-19

Enjoying creation from a different perspective.




Aaron took a Monday off. We hiked out to Shark's Cove—
something we haven't done in a very long time. Brandon and Marlene joined us.







We've noticed that some of the murals have been redone. This is one we pass on our Monday walk.


My sister, Jolene illustrates the letters that she sends out to people in the ministry. So I thought I'd give it a try. Just simple watercolor illustrations with a practical or positive message from the Bible. It adds a little variety to my ministry and perhaps it brings a smile to someone's day! 


After the ministry, meetings and chores on Saturday, we sometimes find ourselves in the 
parking lot (outdoor dining) at Carabao Brewing. This time, Aaron wanted to 
try their beer made with dragon fruit (right). It was interesting! Not my favorite.



We turned our balcony into an outdoor living/dining room to enjoy an evening with these friends—Alan, Carmel and Ava. Chairs, cushions, coffee table, rugs and twinkle lights. I put my salad making skills to task and baked a delicious lasagna.

NOTE: Proper precautions were taken to do so safely for all parties involved.


A different view of Tumon.
This is a job Aaron was working on at Fiesta Resort, now under renovation.
You can see their pool area is torn out (below).





Driving down the lane at Ritidian Point to find a spot on the beach.


This looks good.


Since we're not traveling right now, Aaron has been taking Friday's off every couple weeks.


Curtis and Kathleen joined us.


Julie has recently moved to Guam. She's a health worker and plans to be with us for a couple years. 
We might just make her stay longer. She's associated with the Chinese pre-group in our congregation.


It was a gray, rainy day. On a whim, I decided to make biscuits to go with my soup. I was going for "warm comfort food". Mom always made Bisquick biscuits. I don't keep Bisquick in my cupboard so "from scratch" it had to be. I pulled up a random recipe and started making it before I really read the recipe. It was a bit of a production but they were amazing! How could they not be with 1/2 a pound of butter?! You should make them! I've added them to my arsenal.

"Amazing Southern Buttermilk Biscuits"



Our favorite Japanese restaurant, Kai closed in April to relocate. 
We were a little scared they might not open again but THEY DID. 
We walked down to Tumon and dined outside on their patio. It was good to be back!


F A M I L Y
Arrow


Meet Lilac Meadow.



My sister, Jenn is beautiful inside and out.
She lights up with a baby in hand.
❤


Mo' loves her niece.
"Tiny toes!"



More beautiful people.
Josie and Jolene


Maggie and Will


Tyce


They grow so fast!
Owen, Ayla and Jackson



Comments

  1. Great job on your outdoor dining space. Looks great and fun with the twinkle lights. I haven't made the biscuits yet, but am planning too. Is the Fiesta Resort to the right or left of Westin? Love all the Family pics. Precious new niece. The water color cards are beautiful. Thank you for the beautiful beach photo's, makes us feel warm on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google was being dumb half the pictures did not come up this morning. I will check back later my dear what I saw was beautiful my grandchildren are adorable every single one of them and great-grandchildren. And yes Jennifer does light up when she has a grand baby in her arms!🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! It makes me feel happy. Those biscuits look amazing and the new baby is adorable😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!