We started our tour at Wallkill in the lobby.
Along a walkway in the warehouse was a timeline.
My Book of Bible Stories was my choice for bedtime reading (right).
And later we could listen to them on cassette tape.
What is a cassette tape?
Aaron started studying the Bible in 1994 in the book You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth—
just before the book Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Life came out—so he had to begin again (left).
Aaron and I visited Brooklyn in 2006 after the printery was moved to Wallkill (right).
There was a cafe of sorts with live music and an espresso bar overlooking the printery.
There were several displays in this area but the Bible display was my favorite.
They field tested all kinds of papers, cover materials and printing techniques
for our revised New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT).
What is Aaron doing?
Using a giant slingshot to take down Goliath, of course.
We are shipping ourselves to the South Africa branch (left) and driving forklifts (right).
This was exciting—especially to us, since we live in the tropics. After the initial
printing of the revised NWT, the covers started to fall apart in tropical lands. The organization
found a new cover material that would withstand the humidity and heat and began printing.
This sister and her mom sat with us at lunch. She commutes to Wallkill and works in the sewing department.
Aaron's name in braille.
My turn.
I believe this was part of the Book of Psalms.
I was fourteen years old, when the book Questions Young People Ask was released (right). It left
quite an impression on me. At the convention in Corvallis, Oregon, young ones from a certain
age range were asked to sit in a special section. They handed out copies to all of us right then and there.
I had never seen anything like it before. It was so exciting—and it was for me!
Tired but happy after a full day of touring!









































It looks like you had a good time. I've never seen the braille alphabet before, that was cool.
ReplyDeleteGreat tour! How do you guys always manage to look so cute?:) I love the last pic and the photo bomber brother in the background.:D
ReplyDelete