Only On Guam // O.O.G.


We interrupt the usual program for an O.O.G. moment:

Have you ever felt like you're getting nowhere fast? Or like you're running in circles? I had an experience today that left me feeling just like that.

In 2009 when we arrived on Guam, paying my utility bills meant standing in line at two different locations, sometimes for long periods of time. Soon after, online bill pay became available. It has been reliable ever since. Until now!

When I went to pay one of my bills this month, I was met with a message to call // this number // to pay my bill over the phone. When I called the number, I heard a recorded message saying that the office was closed and to call // another number //. When I called the other number, a woman answered. Before I could tell her why I was calling, she told me that I could not pay my bill over the phone and asked if there was anything else she could help me with. I asked when the website would be back up. She had no idea. I asked, "How am I supposed to pay my bill?" She giggled a little and said that I could walk into one of their locations and pay it in person. "That's what I'm trying to avoid!" went through my mind but I held my tongue and asked when I would be able to pay over the phone. She DID have an answer for that! Problem solved. Now I wait!

O.O.G.
Only on Guam!

Comments

  1. Funny, I remember when we use to put a stamp on an envelope and mail them! What would we do with out our internet!! Really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny to read, but sure not so funny when you having to deal with it. Something simple gets so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you don't have to wait too long and they post a late payment fee on your next bill! That would be the icing on the cake! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!