Regional Convention 2014


{ August 1-3 }
2014 Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses
Keep Seeking First God's Kingdom! was the theme worldwide.

This year was different than past years in that several videos were shown during the program. I was afraid to leave my seat—I didn't want to miss a thing!




These two were walking hand in hand. When I asked Asher if I could take their picture he stopped and slipped his arm around her. Apparently, they had just met. He's quite the ladies' man!  •  My girl, Kina


Rachel and Nathan both had parts. They did a wonderful job!


Aaron gave his first convention talk on Friday, complete with a demonstration. 
Then he had another on Saturday, where he interviewed Veronica.


I had an interview on Saturday about our experience in moving to where the need is greater.


12 were baptized on Guam + 10 more at other convention in Micronesia 
(Guam's Tagalog, Marshall Islands and Saipan)


Christianlee and his mother were both baptized (same day). They're in our congregation.



On Guam, there are two conventions held during the summer months: English and Tagalog. 
In addition, part of the program was held in Chuukese Saturday afternoon, 
at another location on UOG campus. This is a relatively new arrangement—
truly a gift for the Tagalog and Chuukese, who sometimes speak little English.

The peak attendance for the three day program was 888. There were 82 
who attended the Chuukese session. And 321 at the Tagalog convention.


Camille and Veronica  •  Erika, Brittany and Liberty


Bu and Jeanie  •  "Rhonda's girls"


Fausta and Vanessa


Friends, friends and more friends! Rachel and ? (help me out, Jess)


Aaron and Camille


Randy and Ruby


Traditional Shot


Brian and Nathan


Mama Lu Lu and Jene

Comments

  1. It was a wonderful convention!!! I was told not to leave my seat, because I might miss something. and I did not leave my seat! I love your pictures. I so wish I could have been there to hear Aaron's talk and all the interviews!! I'm so proud of you guys!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Beautiful people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great group of photo's. Wish we could of heard and seen your parts, but know you both did great. Congratulations to Christianlee. Did we go to lunch with the brother baptizing him? Well done to all that had parts.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! That's awesome about Christianlee and his mom. How exciting for Aaron! I know you guys did great on your parts. That's wonderful about the program for Tagalog and Chuukese. It really was an exciting convention! Can't wait to see whats in store for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!