In honor of Zach's departure, some of the friends hosted a 1950s-themed dance party. These kids can really dance!
We were charged with getting Zach to the party—safely and without incident. It was supposed to have been a surprise but he managed to pick up details here and there and had most of it figured out!
There were a few wall-flowers, myself included!
Bad boys…
…not afraid to dance!
These little guys could really cut a rug!
Marilyn Monroe was there (left).
Thanks to Josh (right) for the great photos!

Zach is now in Washington. This is not the last we have to hear of him, however! This weekend, Aaron and I received an email from a friend of my Aunt Betty. He came through Guam via Hawaii on a dive trip to Chuuk in March 2011. In part the email read:
Recently, I had mailed a box of papers and other stuff from Vermont…to myself here in Hawaii. It apparently arrived at the San Francisco Bulk Mail Handling Facility where they decided to run it over with a fork lift truck…and scattered the papers all over the place. They picked some of them up and mailed them to me here in Hawaii…mixed in with the papers I received were several pieces of paper that are not mine. They are separate Certificates of Achievement for a Zachary Comstock in Language Arts, Band and Reading from the Oceanview Middle School at Agat, Guam! They're old—from 2005 and 2006—but I would think they could be of value to Zachary…
In the best of all possible worlds, I would like to get an address for Zachary—even an email address—so I could send him these papers.
It was a delight to tell Jim, not only that we knew Zach but we could provide him with his email address. What a random way to connect two people! It's a small world!



















Fun looking party, great pics. Wow, what a small world, about the papers of Zach. That is crazy, but in a good way!
ReplyDeleteThe party looked like lots of fun!! Funny about Jim ending up with some of Zack's papers! How weird is that! Jim must have been surprised when you said you knew him!
ReplyDeleteLooks like the party was a blast! That's just crazy about the papers!
ReplyDelete