
My nephew, Andrew, was with us for nearly a month. His first six days on Guam were anything but ideal. It rained, rained and rained some more. But we DO live in the tropics and it WILL do that from time to time. On the day of his arrival, the plan was to hang out in the sun at the park all day, do a little snorkeling and setup for a congregation gathering. Instead we sat around watching the rain all day and then setup for the gathering.



The sun did break out a few times but as people arrived for the gathering it continued to downpour. The party went on as planned. It turned out to be a lovely sendoff for our dear friends, Joe and Phyllis Flowers. Everyone enjoyed it! No one seemed to mind the torrential downpour.
As I remember, the first gathering Aaron and I attended for our congregation on Guam was a farewell party. It was held in a park, the rain poured down and there was lightning and thunder. On that occasion too, we took cover and the party went on anyway.






As I remember, the first gathering Aaron and I attended for our congregation on Guam was a farewell party. It was held in a park, the rain poured down and there was lightning and thunder. On that occasion too, we took cover and the party went on anyway.

















Bummer about the rain. Looks like the going away party was nice anyway. Loved seeing all the friends from the party. Miss them all. Hope Joe and Phyllis are doing well in their new home. Miss them also. Look likes some good eats. Welcome to Guam, Andrew.:)
ReplyDeleteYes, Bummer for the rain for the party, but did not seem to bother anyone:) and Andrew. But he didn't have to wait to long :) I too love seeing the pictures of the friends:) looking forward to another visit.
ReplyDelete