สวัสดี


In the Thai language, sawasdee (sa-was-dee, สวัสดี) is the word to use for greetings and goodbye. Thai people, especially younger ones, also wai as a greeting, to say thank you and/or to show respect. They do this by putting their hands together in a prayer-like gesture and raising them to a position somewhere between the chest and forehead and then bowing. In order to make a sentences sound polite, Thai people usually use ending particles khrap (kop, the r is silent) for males and kha (kaw) for females at the end of the sentences. The people of Thailand are quiet, kind and friendly.


Comments

  1. Thats interesting. I don't think I would be very good with their language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your beauty shot. Cool, thanks for posting it.:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice beauty shot:) I don't think I would be good at any language, but English and sometimes I'm no good at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you guys were going to wait for us to go to Thailand! :( Everything looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Negative or inappropriate comments will not be posted. Thank you!